Think with Data
Data Literacy 101
We want to turn data skeptics into data enthusiasts by preparing employees to understand and engage in the organization's digital or data strategy.
This is an introductory course to Aryng's Citizen Analyst Certification and is the first step towards the journey of Data Literacy for an Individual. The objective of the course is to -
- Prepare employees to understand and engage in the organization’s digital or data strategy
- Turn data skeptics into data enthusiasts
- Develop curiosity
- Inspire collaboration and
- Develop Critical thinking
- Data visualization
- Create a common framework for problem-solving with data
- Create a common knowledge and language on basic tools and statistics
Who is this course for?
- Anyone can take this course with little or no data analytics knowledge or skill.
- It is for individual contributors or frontline managers.
Thinking With Data Course Includes
- Understand the benefits of “thinking with data” and its relation to employee, team, and company success.
- Describe how both data science and decision science are needed to achieve business results.
- Describe the benefits of BADIR as a structured approach to problem-solving.
- Create a common language for problem-solving and describe each of the five steps in the BADIR methodology.
- Understand basic charts and tables and how they are interpreted.
- Use essential questions to clarify the real business problem.
- Write a hypothesis
- Define basic statistical terms for central tendency, variance, statistical significance.
- Discuss key learnings and think of a problem within their team/function that the participant believes can be improved using BADIR.
- Practice thinking with data. Prepare to share what they learned with their team.
- Test their knowledge to reinforce what they learned and to close any remaining knowledge gaps.
Author of the Amazon bestseller Behind Every Good Decision
Piyanka Jain is the President and CEO of Aryng, an analytics consulting company focused on analytics training, consulting and recruiting. Her client list includes companies like Google, Box, Here, Applied Materials, Abbott Labs, and GE. As a highly regarded industry thought leader in analytics, she writes for Forbes, Harvard Business Review, InsideHR, and other publications. She has been a featured speaker at American Marketing Association conferences, Microsoft Modern Workplace, Predictive Analytics World, Growth Hacker TV, GigaOm, Google Analytics User Conference and more. In 15+ years as an analytics leader, she has had a $200M+ demonstrated impact on business. A gifted problem solver, she seeks out patterns and insights to drive change in her clients' organizations and impact top levers of business. She considers customer satisfaction, empowerment and positive engagement as the highest rewards, and dollar impact as a natural consequence. Her best seller book ‘Behind Every Good Decision’ is an actionable guide for business managers on data-driven decision-making through business analytics.
She has two master’s degrees with theses involving applied mathematics and statistics. A hiker, runner, and yogi, she lives in Sunnyvale, California.